4. Utah Small Claims (JusticeCourts): (For your information only - not a legal advice)
You can file your Utah small claims suit in the justice court where your contractor lives, or where he performed the service for you.
To start small claims lawsuit in Utah file your affidavit (complaint) with the clerk of a court. More information on filing.
At the time of filing you will have to pay a filing fee.
You can find where to file your Utah small claims suit here.
- Maximum monetary limit of claims: $10,000 (including attorney fees);
- Attorney: allowed, but not required;
- Right to appeal: yes, within 30 days
You can learn more about Utah Small Claims and find all the forms here.
5. On-line complaints.
We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the more info link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to Reviews by Google users and click on Rate and review link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) http://www.ripoffreport.com (registration required),
Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".