4. Texas Justice of the Peace Courts (Small Claims): (For your information only - not a legal advice)
You can file your Texas small claims suit in the county where your contractor resides, or where he performed the service for you.
To start small claims lawsuit in Texas file your sworn statement of the claim with the clerk of a Justice of the Peace Court. Contact your local court for more information.
At the time of filing you will have to pay a filing fee.
You can find your Texas Justice of the Peace Court here.
- Maximum monetary limit of claims: $10,000;
- Attorney: allowed, but not required;
- Right to appeal: yes, within 10 days
You can learn more about Texas Small Claim Courts here.
5. On-line complaints.
We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the more info link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to Reviews by Google users and click on Rate and review link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) http://www.ripoffreport.com (registration required),
Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".