4. Tennessee Small Claims Court: (For your information only - not a legal advice)
You can file your Tennessee small claims suit in the county where your contractor lives or does business, or where the contract was signed.
File your civil lawsuit in Tennessee with the Clerk of a General Sessions Court. You can find court forms with the Clerk.
At the time of filing you will have to pay a filing fee.
- Maximum monetary limit of claims: $15,000 (up to 25,000 in counties with population of 700,000 or more);
- Attorney: allowed, but not required;
- Right to appeal: yes, within 10 days
To find more information about Tennessee small claims cases, please contact the court clerk in your county. You can locate your Tennessee county's court clerk here.
5. On-line complaints.
We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the more info link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to Reviews by Google users and click on Rate and review link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) http://www.ripoffreport.com (registration required),
Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".