JoethePlumberNet How-To.
Home News Local Quiz Blog About us Links Search How-To
Latest contractor reviews
Contractor cost guide
Visit Joetheplumbernet on Facebook

How to complain about plumber or contractor in Oklahoma.

If you want to complain about your contractor, listed below are your major options. If you are not sure which option is best for you, read "Where is it best to complain".

1. Oklahoma contractor licensing:

Oklahoma Construction Industries Board (CIB).
Oklahoma electricians, plumbers, mechanical and roofing contractors are licensed by the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board.

To verify Oklahoma electrical, plumbing, and mechanical contractor license use this online service.
Oklahoma roofing contractors registration information you can find here.

About complaints regarding Oklahoma electricians, plumbers, mechanical and roofing contractors contact Oklahoma Construction Industries Board:

Construction Industries Board
2401 NW 23rd St, Suite 2F
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Local: (405) 521-6550
Toll Free: (877) 484-4424
Fax: (405) 521-6525

2. Oklahoma Attorney General Public Protection Unit.

You can file your complaint with the office of Oklahoma Attorney General Public Protection Unit on-line or download complaint form. Complete this form, attach copies of supporting documents, and mail to:
Office of Attorney General
Public Protection Unit
Attn: Investigative Analyst
313 N.E.21st Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

3. Better Business Bureau:

Go to and enter your zip code. When your local BBB page appear click on the "FILE A COMPLAINT" link and follow directions.

4. Oklahoma Small Claims Court: (For your information only - not a legal advice)

Before filing small claims lawsuit in Oklahoma you may be required to show that you demanded a payment from your contractor. One way to do it is by a certified letter, return receipt requested.
You can file your Oklagoma Small claim in the county where your contractor lives, or where he did a service for you, or where the contract was signed.
To start your small claims lawsuit file a Small Claims Affidavit with the Clerk of the court. If you filled out Affidavit form online do not sign it! You may be required to sign the Affidavit in front of the Clerk.
You can pick up all the forms at the court (some local courts have the form available online: e.g. Tulsa, Oklahoma County. Check your court website!).
At the time of filing you will have to pay filing fee (may vary depending on the amount of your claim and from court to court).

You can find locations of Oklahoma Courts here.

  1. Maximum monetary limit of claims: $6,000;
  2. Attorney: allowed for both parties, but not required;
  3. Right to appeal: yes

You can find more information about Oklahoma Small Claims Court here, or contact the small claims court where you are filing your claim.

5. On-line complaints.

We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the “more info” link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to “Reviews by Google users” and click on “Rate and review” link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) (registration required),

Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".

Copyright© 2008

Please send your questions or comments about this web site to: webmaster

Our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy