4. New Mexico Small Claims: (For your information only - not a legal advice)
You can file your New Mexico "small claim suit" in a magistrate district where you or your contractor lives or could be found, or where his service took place.
To start your small claims lawsuit file a Civil Complaint with the Clerk of Magistrate or Metropolitan Court. Download New Mexico Civil complaint form and Civil summons. The forms are also available at the courthouses and self help centers.
At the time of filing you will have to pay filing fee.
You can find locations .
- Maximum monetary limit of claims: $10,000;
- Attorney: not required (may be required for corporations and companies), but allowed;
- Right to appeal: yes, for both parties (within 15 days)
More information about New Mexico small claims section you can find here or consult your attorney.
5. On-line complaints.
We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the more info link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to Reviews by Google users and click on Rate and review link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) http://www.ripoffreport.com (registration required),
Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".