JoethePlumberNet How-To.
Home News Local Quiz Blog About us Links Search How-To
Latest contractor reviews
Contractor cost guide
Visit Joetheplumbernet on Facebook

Where to complain about plumber or contractor if you live in Nevada.

If you want to complain about your contractor, listed below are your major options. If you are not sure which option is best for you, read "Where is it best to complain".

1. Nevada contractor licensing:

Nevada State Contractors Board (NSCB):
All Nevada plumbers, electricians, and HVAC contractors must be licensed. Other types of contractors need to be licensed for any work to repair or maintain property if the cost ncluding materials and labor is more than $1,000,
You can verify Nevada contractor license using either License Number Search, or contractor name search, or Business name search. You will be able to see any disciplinary actions taken by the board against a contractor.
To find all disciplinary actions by the NSCB against licensed contractors during specific period use this online search.
You can find how to file your complaint with Nevada State Contractor Board here. Or download Nevada licensed contractor complaint form here.

Nevada has the Residential Recovery Fund that may award you damages (up to $35,000) resulting from an action or omission of a licensed Nevada residential contractor within four years after the work was completed or within two years from the date of the court judgment. Awards from the Residential Recovery Fund are made by the decision of Nevada State Contractors Board or following a judgment against contractor in a court of law.
You can find Nevada Residential Recovery Fund forms and instruction here.

2. Nevada Attorney General.

You may also complain about your contractor or plumber to the Office of Nevada Attorney General using this Complaint form.
Sign and mail your complaint with the copies of the supporting documents to one of the locations listed below:
Office of the Attorney General
100 N. Carson St.
Carson City, NV 89701
Phone: 775-684-1100
Fax: 775-684-1108


Office of the Attorney General
555 E. Washington Ave. #3900
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: 702-486-3420
Fax: 702-486-3768

3. Better Business Bureau:

Go to and enter your zip code. When your local BBB page appear click on the "FILE A COMPLAINT" link and follow directions.

4. Nevada Small Claims Court: (For your information only - not a legal advice)

Before filing small claims complaint in Nevada you need to show that you have demanded payment from the contractor. You can do it by a certified letter, return receipt requested. In this letter you should specify what and when do you want from the contractor, and warn that you intend to sue if your demand is not met by a certain date.
You can file your Nevada Small claim suit in the municipality where your contractor lives, or does business.
To start your small claims lawsuit file a Small Claims Affidavit of Complaint with the clerk of the Justice Court. Download an Affidavit of Complaint form or pick it up at any Justice court. You will need to sign the Complaint before a notary public. You can file in person or by mail. You will need to file an original and at two (2) copies of the complaint. At the time of filing you will have to pay filing fee (vary depending on the amount you sue for).

  1. Maximum monetary limit of claims: $7,500;
  2. Attorney: not required, but allowed (attorney fees will not be added to the amount of your claim);
  3. Right to appeal: yes, for both parties (within 5 days)

Select your city/town for more information and forms for Nevada Small Claims:
Las Vegas
Churchill County
Humboldt County

5. On-line complaints.

We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the “more info” link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to “Reviews by Google users” and click on “Rate and review” link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) (registration required),

Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".

Copyright© 2008

Please send your questions or comments about this web site to: webmaster

Our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy