4. Missouri Small Claims Court: (For your information only - not a legal advice)
You can file your Missouri Small claim in the county where your contractor's business is located or in the county where you live.
To start your small claims lawsuit file the Petition Small Claims Court with the associate circuit court. You will have to pay filing and some service fees.
You can find your Missouri Circuit Court here.
- Maximum monetary limit of claims: $5,000;
- Attorney: not required (but allowed);
- Right to appeal: yes, for both parties (within 10 days)
You can find more about the rules of Missouri Small Claims Court here.
5. On-line complaints.
We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the more info link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to Reviews by Google users and click on Rate and review link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) http://www.ripoffreport.com (registration required),
Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".