4. Minnesota Conciliation Court (Small Claims Court): (For your information only - not a legal advice)
You can file a conciliation court claim in the county where your contractor lives, or where his business is located.
To start your small claims lawsuit file the Statement of Claim and Summons and pay filing and law library fees (vary by county) with the the court administrators office.
You can find your Minnesota Court here.
You can find Minnesota Court forms here.
- Maximum monetary limit of claims: $7,500;
- Attorney: not required (may be allowed by the judge);
- Right to appeal: yes, for both parties (within 20 days)
You can find more information about Minnesota Conciliation Court here or in this brochure.
5. On-line complaints.
We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the more info link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to Reviews by Google users and click on Rate and review link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) http://www.ripoffreport.com (registration required),
Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".