JoethePlumberNet How-To.
Home News Local Quiz Blog About us Links Search How-To
Latest contractor reviews
Contractor cost guide
Visit Joetheplumbernet on Facebook

Where to complain about plumber or contractor if you live in Kansas.

If you want to complain about your contractor, listed below are your major options. If you are not sure which option is best for you, read "Where is it best to complain".

1. Kansas Contractor licensing.
Kansas does not have state license for contractors. Check with your county or city about contractor licensing requirements at the local level.
For a list of counties go to For a list of city websites go to
To find out if there were complaints made against particular contractor check with the Better Business Bureau.

2. Consumer Protection Division of the Kansas Attorney General's Office.
File your complaint about contractor or plumber with the Kansas Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division here.
Kansas Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division does not give out the information about number of complaints made against a company. You can only find out if there has ever been legal action taken against a company by calling our Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-432-2310.

3. Better Business Bureau:
Go to and enter your zip code. When your local BBB page appear click on the "FILE A COMPLAINT" link and follow directions.

4. Kansas Small Claims Court:
You can file a Small Claims lawsuit in the county where your contractor resides, or in the county where the transaction took place if the defendant was a resident at the time.
You will have to pay several fees including filing fee and sheriff's service of process fee (fees may vary from county to county).

File your claim by going to the small claims division of the clerk of your district court and filling out the petition. You may also get a petition online at fill it out at home and take it to the clerk of your district court. Remember the petition must be notarized or signed in front of the clerk of the court.

  1. Maximum monetary limit of claims: $4,000;
  2. Attorney: not allowed;
  3. Right to appeal: yes, for both parties

You can find more information about Kansas Small Claims Court on-line here.

5. On-line complaints.
We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the “more info” link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to “Reviews by Google users” and click on “Rate and review” link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) (registration required),

Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".

Copyright© 2008

Please send your questions or comments about this web site to: webmaster

Our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy