JoethePlumberNet How-To.
Home News Local Quiz Blog About us Links Search How-To
Latest contractor reviews
Contractor cost guide
Visit Joetheplumbernet on Facebook

Where to complain about plumber or contractor if you live in Arizona.

If you want to complain about your contractor, listed below are your major options. If you are not sure which option is best for you, read "Where is it best to complain".

1. Arizona Registrar of Contractors.
All contractors in Arizona (including plumbers, electricians, and HVAC contractors) are required to have a valid license issued by the Arizona Registrar of Contractors (ROC) unless the cost of the work is less than $1,000. Licenses are valid for up to two years from the date of issuance.
You can find if your Arizona contractor has a current license and if there are any complaints against him here.

To complain about licensed or unlicensed contractor or plumber in Arizona go here. You can request complaint form from the Arizona Registrar of Contractors website here.

Arizona has a Recovery Fund from which you can recover your actual damages suffered as a result of the licensed contractor's violation (up to $30,000 per residence). A claim can be filed with the Recovery Fund through either the administrative (based on your complaint) or the civil (lawsuit) process. The claim must be filed within two years. Use the link above for more information about Arizona Contractor Recovery Fund.

2. The Arizona Attorney General.
You can also file complaint with the Arizona Attorney General's Office on-line or download and mail this form.

3. Better Business Bureau:
Go to and enter your zip code. When your local BBB page appear click on the "FILE A COMPLAINT" link and follow directions.

4. Arizona Justice Court Small Claims division:
In some Arizona counties you can file your suit on-line with Arizona Small Claims Division here or you may complete a Small Claims Complaint form and file it in person. Here you can find Arizona Small Claims Forms.
You can file a Small Claims lawsuit in the county in which a defendant lives, or in the county where he performed a service, or where the accident happened. You will have to pay a filing fee at the time of filing.

  1. Maximum monetary limit of claims: $3,500 (not including court fees);
  2. Attorney: not required but allowed if both plaintiff and defendant agrees;
  3. Right to appeal: no

You can find more information about Arizona Small Claims procedures here.

5. On-line complaints.
We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the “more info” link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to “Reviews by Google users” and click on “Rate and review” link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) (registration required),

Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".

Copyright© 2008

Please send your questions or comments about this web site to: webmaster

Our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy