JoethePlumberNet How-To.
Home News Local Quiz Blog About us Links Search How-To
Latest contractor reviews
Contractor cost guide
Visit Joetheplumbernet on Facebook

Where to complain about plumber or contractor if you live in Alaska.

If you want to complain about your contractor, listed below are your major options. If you are not sure which option is best for you, read "Where is it best to complain".

1. Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing:

The Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing license and regulate construction contractors including general and mechanical contractors, as well as mechanical (plumbers and HVAC contractors) and electrical (electricians) administrators. To find if your plumber or other contractor is licensed in Alaska go here and select Construction Contractors Program.

You can complain about your Alaska contractor to the Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing. To initiate a complaint fill out a request for contact form or call 907-269-8437 for a complaint packet to be sent to you.

2. The Consumer Protection Unit of the Alaska Attorney General's Office.
About your plumber or contractor in Alaska complain to the Alaska Attorney General's Office Consumer Protection Unit using this complaint form. You can find more information here.

3. Better Business Bureau:
Go to and enter your zip code. When your local BBB page appear click on the "FILE A COMPLAINT" link and follow directions.

4. Alaska's Small Claims Court:
Small Claims Court in Alaska can be used if both parties agree to it.
To start a Small Claims Case go to the District Court nearest to where your contractor office is located or to where he does business and file the following forms:

  • a. COMPLAINT (form SC-1)
  • b. SUMMONS (form SC-2)
  • c. ANSWER (form SC-3)

You can download these forms here.

  1. Maximum monetary limit of claims: $10000 (not including interest and court fees)
  2. Attorney: not required but allowed for both plaintiff and defendant
  3. Right to appeal: yes for both

For more information download Alaska Small Court Handbook.

5. On-line complaints.
We collect all sorts of customer reviews, complaints, and comments here.
To post your comment on Google find your contractor in Google maps, and click the “more info” link next to the name of your contractor. On the following page, scroll down to “Reviews by Google users” and click on “Rate and review” link on the left.
There are many other websites that let you post comments and complaints about your contractor. Below you may find just a few examples:
1) (registration required),

Return to "the State's plumbing and contractor licensing departments".

Copyright© 2008

Please send your questions or comments about this web site to: webmaster

Our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy