Why you should not sign up for the Angie's List.
1. Your house is relatively new or was renovated recently. Most likely you will not need a contractor for the next 5-10 years.
2. You lived in your area for many years and know the local contractors better than Angie's list.
3. You live in a small town for which Angie's list have just a few contractors in their database.
4. You are on a tight budget. Angie's list members have annual household income of at least $100,000. These people usually care less about cost of service.
5. You need a plumber for your summer cabin in another State or you move frequently. Regular Angie's list membership includes only one limited area. (You can get access to the reviews in other area for an extra fee. Plus and premium levels of membership include nationwide access).
6. You have an emergency and need a plumber fast. It will take you extra time to sign up, read all the reviews, and compare all the plumbers. And time is what you don't have in emergency!
Previous page: The good and not so good side of Angie's list.