JoethePlumberNet How-To.
Home News Local Quiz Blog About us Links Search How-To
Latest contractor reviews
Contractor cost guide
Visit Joetheplumbernet on Facebook

How to complain about a plumber (or other contractor).

1. First, you should try to resolve your problem with the tradesman or contractor himself, or his company if he’s just an employee. It’s always better to put your complaint in writing and don’t forget to keep a copy for yourself.

If your complaint was not resolved, you may complaint to:
2. Better Business Bureau (BBB). BBB accepts complaints whether or not the business is a BBB Accredited Business. BBB, however, does not handle all types of complaints. To find out more go here:

3. Usually you can also complain about a plumber or other tradesman to your state licensing authority. Licensing requirements vary by state. You can find your State plumbing and contractor licensing departments here.

4. Complain to your State consumer protection department. Usually they are with the offices of State Attorney General. We have links to Attorney General offices of all States, their complaint forms, and instructions.

5. Court. It can be relatively simple if you sue you contractor for a small amount of money in Small Claims Court. Find actual amounts and names of courts that vary by State here.

6. Post your complaint/review of the contractor on the internet. We collect all sorts of customer reviews here. There are many other websites that post consumer complaints/comments including Google.

More detailed information you can find on the next page: Where and how is it best to complain?

Or send your comment or complaint to JoeThePlumberNet.

Copyright© 2008

Please send your questions or comments about this web site to: webmaster

Our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy